Environmental Sustainability and Ethics | Electronics
Continuing a series of posts breaking down the ethics and elements of a shoot, here are some tips on Electronics.
How you produce a shoot is just as important as what you're shooting.
We are not going for perfection, rather integrity. Below are my best practice guide as it relates to electronics. Comment below if you find this helpful or share it!
● Turn off computers, printers, screens, and any other appliances when not in use.
● Unplug chargers for cell phones, cameras, and other equipment when not in use.
● Buy used equipment.
● When renting equipment, look for the ENERGY STAR certification and ask for tips for using the machine efficiently.
● Unplug all equipment that features a stand-by mode, which will continue to draw energy when not in use.
● If shooting digitally, record to a hard drive, flash drive or other reusable media instead of film or tape.
● Use rechargeable batteries, solar panel charging stations or wind powered facilites if possible.